Free Presentation: Amazing Recycling Facts You Probably Don't Know
Your students might know a few basic facts about recycling, but this slideshow will knock their socks off. Whether you are just starting out teaching about why recycling makes a difference or you’ve had a program in place for a while, some of these facts will astound you and your students. Use this recycling facts slideshow to get everyone on board with recycling.
Did you know this about recycling?
- The average American throws away 4.9 pounds of trash per day. (EPA)
- An aluminum can that is thrown away today will still be an aluminum can 500 years from now. Plastic bottles last 700 years, and glass bottles as much as 4,000 years. (Florida Tech)
- Recycling soda cans creates 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution than making new ones. (MIT)
- The plastic used in one toner cartridge contains about a half quart of oil. (MIT)
- One ton of recycled plastic saves 16.3 barrels of oil. (Stanford University)
Here’s who you might show this recycling facts slideshow to:
- Your students
- The next school assembly
- Your colleagues
- The school board
- Community members interested in recycling
Recycling in your classroom can easily become something you all do every day. Try implementing just one new recycling activity into your regular routine each week, and before you know it, recycling will be second nature to your students. Recycling instills a lifelong habit of environmental awareness, and you can show them that even the smallest actions matter!
To learn more: Amazing Recycling Facts You Probably Don’t Know