Challenge Students to Complete This Recycling Crossword Puzzle
Put your knowledge to the test!
This fun and free printable recycling crossword puzzle is a terrific addition to a science unit on going green. Use it as an introduction or as a clever way to review.
Recycling Crossword Puzzle Clues and Answers
These are the facts kids will learn or review with this crossword.
2. Purchasing products made with recycled materials is a great way to go ____ (GREEN)
4. By recycling three plastic bottles a month, each household in the nation can help divert 23 million pounds of plastic from ____ (LANDFILLS)
7. Recycling helps make our ____ a cleaner, greener place (PLANET)
8. This green holiday is on April 22 every year: ____ (EARTH DAY)
9. Recycling just one aluminum can saves enough ____ to power a television for up to four hours (ENERGY)
1. Recycled ___ often go on to become second generation products such as t-shirts, bags and new bottles (MATERIALS)
3. ___ your local community by inviting them to join you in your recycling efforts (ENGAGE)
5. We can help reduce our carbon ____ and make an impact just by making recycling a part of our everyday lives (FOOTPRINT)
6. You can recycle aluminum cans and ____ #1 PET or PETE containers through the Recycle Rally (PLASTIC)
Recycling Facts and Information
Expand on the information found in this puzzle with these resources.
Amazing Recycling Facts You Probably Don’t Know
Get dozens of fascinating facts about recycling, energy conservation, and more. Plus, there’s a free slideshow to share with your class!
Play Recycle Bingo and Learn So Many Recycling Facts
Play and learn with these free printable game boards! As you read off facts, kids mark off the corresponding places on the board.
Discover the History of Recycling
Each of these articles is packed full of information about recycling through the ages.
- History of Recycling: How Did We Get Here?
- History of Recycling: America Transforms Their Trash
- Recycling Innovators in History
Like this recycling crossword puzzle? Practice Vocabulary With This Recycle Word Search.
Recycle Rally is a free K-12 program that provides rewards and tools to help enhance recycling at your school!Explore now
Our comprehensive library of resources was designed to inspire the next generation of green leaders.Explore now