2022 Design Bins, Doors, or Bulletin Boards Contest
Get crafty for a chance to win up to $3,000 in this year's design contest!
Our annual design contest is back and better than ever, with higher prizes and more chances to win! Get crafty and raise awareness about the importance of recycling in your school for a chance to win up to $3,000.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, choose whether you’d like to design a recycling bin, door, or bulletin board. Remember, be creative! You can use whatever materials you’d like to get your point across.
Upload a photo of your creation and a completed contest submission form to the contest portal between February 1 and March 31. Only 1 submission per school is permitted. The contest portal can be found by visiting “View & Enter Contests” under the Compete to Win tab in your PepsiCoRecycling.com account.
We’ll choose 12 Finalists based on the following criteria:
- 30% – Visual appeal (attention-grabbing, creative use of materials/textures, engaging layout/design, attractive)
- 30% – Effective communication (conveys an easily comprehensible message or messages about recycling; limited but powerful text, strong use of images to speak louder than words, etc.)
- 30% – Relevance (likelihood of changing behavior and increasing recycling, accuracy of facts stated or implied)
- 10% – Applicability of photo (clarity, appropriate sizing/scaling – at least 750 px wide, appropriate format – .jpg, .gif, .png, viewability for Facebook)
The best part about this contest? Your community can determine the winner!
The 12 Finalist images will be uploaded to an album on our PepsiCo Recycling Facebook page. Each Facebook User “like” or “love” reaction on each photo will count as one vote. Depending on the number of votes received during the voting period, our Finalists will receive one the following prizes:
- 1st Place (Grand Prize): $3,000
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $2,000
- 4th Place: $1,700
- 5th Place: $1,400
- 6th Place: $1,100
- 7th Place: $900
- 8th Place: $700
- 9th Place: $500
- 10th Place: $300
- 11th Place: $200
- 12th Place: $100
In addition, each school that enters a submission will be rewarded with 5,000 reward points!
Please read rules below, and if you’re looking for more inspiration, check out last year’s finalists or our 2020 finalists.
Photo Restrictions – Please do not include any of the following in your photo submission:
- People (students, faculty, parents, etc.)
- Product labels or brand logos/trademarks of any kind in the picture or background (recommend removing/painting over labels, obscuring view of them, etc. to ensure compliance).
- Direct mentions of product brand names (including PepsiCo’s brands).
- Photography or original artwork, song lyrics, etc. that you did not create without a license.
- Trademarked brand names, movie/cartoon characters, or third-party organizations in text.
Eligibility Note: Schools that won a prize in last year’s 2021 Design Bins, Doors, or Bulletin Boards Contest may enter the contest but will only be eligible for the 5,000 reward points incentive and may not become a finalist. Schools that won a prize in the 2020 Design Bins, Doors, or Bulletin Boards Contest are now eligible to become finalists.
Design Bins Doors Bulletin Boards Contest Rules - 2022 VF
Recycle Rally is a free K-12 program that provides rewards and tools to help enhance recycling at your school!Explore now
Our comprehensive library of resources was designed to inspire the next generation of green leaders.Explore now