Lesson Plan: All About E-Waste
Students learn about e-waste and brainstorm ways to build awareness and change.
Recycle Rally has partnered with EcoRise to bring you comprehensive, hands-on lessons focused on waste and recycling for grades K-12. This e-waste lesson touches on a growing waste problem and challenges students to build awareness and change. Access the free lesson plan by clicking on the link below!
Lesson 4.2: E-Waste
In this lesson written for grades 5-6, students learn what electronic waste (e-waste) is and why it is a growing problem for society and the environment. Then they work together to brainstorm a way to build awareness and change within the school community and beyond.
Estimated time needed: Two 50-minute sessions
All lessons are mapped to CCSS, NGSS, EFS, and TEKS standards.
Students will be able to…
- Define electronic waste.
- Understand the scope of electronics usage in the world.
- Describe consequences of electronic waste for humans and the environment.
- Work with a team to build awareness and effect change related to e-waste.
How to Access the Free Lesson Plan
- Click the link “Get Lesson Plan” below.
- Select “I am a new user,” then enter your email address in the Username field.
- Enter your full name and then check the “I agree” box.
- Click on “Enroll in Course.”
- Check your email for a link to set your password.
Ready to explore another challenging waste stream with your students? Check out our nuclear waste lesson plan.