Lesson Plan: Something From Nothing & the 3 R's
In this lesson, students learn how to reuse their waste to make something new!
Recycle Rally has partnered with EcoRise to bring you comprehensive, hands-on lessons focused on waste and recycling for grades K-12. Your Kindergarten students will love this reusing and upcycling lesson that helps them turn their trash into treasure. Access the free lesson plan by clicking on the link below!
Lesson 1.3: Something from Nothing
In this Kindergarten lesson, students learn a new and exciting way to limit the amount of waste they produce by reusing it for something completely different! With an old egg carton or other materials destined for the trash, students create something new and fun and see the possibilities in turning their trash into treasure! They also learn the concept of the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) via a lively tune that will get them singing along.
Estimated time needed: 45 minutes
All lessons are mapped to CCSS, NGSS, EFS, and TEKS standards.
Students will be able to…
- Describe the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
- Demonstrate how to reuse something that would have otherwise been thrown away.
- Explain why reducing, reusing, and recycling are good for the environment.
How to Access the Free Lesson Plan
- Click the link “Get Lesson Plan” below.
- Select “I am a new user,” then enter your email address in the Username field.
- Enter your full name and check the “I agree” box.
- Click on “Enroll in Course.”
- Check your email for a link to set your password.
For more upcycling ideas, use the filters on our homepage. This daisy chain project is a great way to get students reusing their plastic bottles!
Recycle Rally is a free K-12 program that provides rewards and tools to help enhance recycling at your school!Explore now
Our comprehensive library of resources was designed to inspire the next generation of green leaders.Explore now