Lesson Plan: Making Paper
Your students will learn how paper is made and even make their own paper in this fun, hands-on lesson.
Recycle Rally has partnered with EcoRise to bring you comprehensive, hands-on lessons focused on waste and recycling for grades K-12. Your students will have so much fun making their own paper in this hands-on lesson! Access the free lesson plan by clicking on the link below.
Lesson 2.1: Making Paper
In this lesson written for grades 1-2, students watch a video to see how paper is made from trees. Then they participate in a slideshow discussion that helps them visualize trees and forests and why they are a valuable natural resource. Students then recycle old newsprint into new paper and discover that recycling works. They can then use their newly made paper to create art with a positive message about the environment and recycling for the community.
Estimated time needed: Two 45-minute sessions
All lessons are mapped to CCSS, NGSS, EFS, and TEKS standards.
Students will be able to…
- Explain where paper comes from.
- Explain how paper can be recycled.
- Describe the benefits of recycling.
- Recycle old paper into new paper they can use.
How to Access the Free Lesson Plan
- Click the link “Get Lesson Plan” below.
- Select “I am a new user,” then enter your email address in the Username field.
- Enter your full name and then check the “I agree” box.
- Click on “Enroll in Course.”
- Check your email for a link to set your password.