Recycle Rally Terms & Conditions
Read our terms & conditions for participating in the Recycle Rally rewards program.
Recycle Rally Rewards Program Terms & Conditions
Void where prohibited by law. Internet access is required.
1. REWARDS PROGRAM PERIOD: The Recycle Rally Rewards Program (“Rewards Program”) period begins August 1, 2023 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 31, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Rewards Program Period”). By participating in the Rewards Program, you accept and agree to comply with these Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Pepsi-Cola Management & Administrative Services, Inc. (“Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and binding and non-appealable in all respects in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The webmaster is the official time-keeper of the Rewards Program.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Rewards Program is open to all Recycle Rally Leaders that have been accepted into the Recycle Rally program (see below for how to enter Recycle Rally program). Recycle Rally Leaders that have been accepted into the Rewards Program will be referred to herein as “Participants”. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Pepsi-Cola Management & Administrative Services, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi Beverages Company, Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Rewards Program (collectively “Program Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households. To participate in the Recycle Rally program: Adults, age eighteen (18) years or older, affiliated with a public or private school that serves any grades between kindergarten and 12th grade will need to follow the directions contained in the FAQ under the category “Becoming a Recycle Rally Participant”. Every Participant will be required to register on the Website. The Website and Rewards Program each have their own program terms and the Participant will have to agree to both before being able to participate. Participants are required to utilize a recycling process that is accepted by PepsiCo Recycle Rally. Pre-schools, daycares, colleges and universities are excluded from participating in the Recycle Rally rewards program. Participants must have a complete Recycle Rally Account (“Account”). Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete or missing information. At certain times during the Rewards Program Period, Sponsor may send out regular communications containing updates including but not limited to status of rewards. Participants are responsible for ensuring that Sponsor receives Participant’s designated contact(s) for receipt of the foregoing communications. Under no circumstance shall Sponsor be responsible for any misdirected messages or any other circumstance causing Participant to not receive or respond to Sponsor’s communications.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Rewards Program Period:
- COLLECT: Collect recyclables in bags or bins on behalf of your You may collect recyclables onsite or off your school’s campus, as long as the collection is initiated by students or staff on behalf of the school and as long as the collections are recycled. The materials may be picked up by a third-party recycling hauler or may be self-hauled to a recycling center that accepts the given materials. Materials should be sorted and separated per your local hauler or recycling processor’s requirements.
- TALLY/REPORT YOUR ACTIVITY: You may choose to report your recycling activity by one of two methods: mixed bin count or weight. If you are reporting by mixed bin count, then you do not need to separate various types of recyclables. If you are reporting by weight, then you must separate each type of eligible material into separate bins or bags. Then you must weigh each bag separately and tally the weight of each type of material independently using a handheld scale provided by Recycle Rally. See our FAQ under the question “How do we earn reward points?” for more details on how to report recycling.
- EARN: Earn one (1) point (“Point(s)”) for every eligible non-alcoholic plastic beverage bottle or aluminum beverage can as estimated by Recycle Rally based on the data reported to Participant’s Account during the Rewards Program Period. Points will be automatically added to the Account. Allow 48 hours for Points to be added. Maximum number of reward points that may be earned by any Recycle Rally school is 500,000. After the maximum is reached, Participant may continue to report recycling activity for tracking purposes but will not be credited with additional points. At the end of this Rewards Program period, Recycle Rally will roll over up to 200,000 reward points to be applied towards your school’s point balance for the following school year. The points will expire in any accounts that are inactive (i.e., do not report any recycling) for 12 consecutive months.
- Mixed Bin Count Reporting Method: Points will be estimated by Recycle Rally using assumptions and calculations at our discretion to determine the approximate weight of each recycling transaction based on the spatial volume of materials (i.e. size of the bags/bins) reported by participant, the mix of materials reported by participant, and the number of bins/bags reported by participant.
- Weight Method: Points will be calculated based on the following conversion factors:
- Each pound of Plastic #1 -PET or PETE = 21 points
- Each pound of Plastic #2 – HDPE = 12 points
- Each pound of aluminum = 35 points
- Each pound of all other materials = 0 points
- REDEEM: Redeem Points from your Account for various Rewards, as described in Rule 5, below. It is solely your responsibility to keep your registration and contact information current and up-to-date. Points may not be combined from different Accounts or other promotions for any purpose. Points earned in the Rewards Program are only redeemable through the Website. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your Points are properly credited. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Points from an Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited to such Account, obtained fraudulently or in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle you to a vested right or interest, and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash and are not saleable, transferable or assignable for any reason. Participants understand and accept that Points and Account will expire if there is no Account activity for twelve (12) consecutive months. Limit one (1) registered Account per school. Points earned during previous school years will be carried over into your account for this Rewards Program Period.
4. ACCEPTABLE RECYCLABLE CONTAINERS: The following recyclable materials will be acceptable during the Rewards Program Period in order to receive Points, which will be automatically credited to your Account:
- Non-alcoholic beverage containers made of Plastic #1 – PET or PETE
- Non-alcoholic beverage containers made of Plastic #2 – HDPE
- Non-alcoholic beverage containers made of aluminum
Other recyclable materials, such as paper, glass, other plastics, other metals may be reported via your Recycle Rally account for tracking purposes but will not be eligible for reward points. Non-recyclable items should not be reported at all via your Recycle Rally account. Participants may earn bonus reward points through special promotional offers that may be announced via email throughout the Program Period.
5. REDEEM POINTS FOR REWARDS: During the Rewards Program Period, Points can be redeemed for items (“Rewards”) that are displayed in your Account, while supplies last. Some quantities are limited. Quantities available are posted in the online rewards catalog and may be redeemed on a first-come, first-served basis. When quantities are depleted for certain items they may not be replenished. Each Reward has a required number of Points for redemption as stated on the Account. You cannot redeem a Reward unless you have accumulated the required number of Points in your Account. To redeem a Reward, log into your Account and select ‘Redeem Points’ in the navigation pane. From the rewards category, select the Reward you wish to redeem and add the item to the cart. Carefully complete the Order Form and click ‘Submit Order’. You will receive a confirmation email upon placing your order. Once your order has been submitted, the required number of Points for the Reward will be deducted from your Account. Once Points have been redeemed for a Reward they may not be returned or refunded to an Account for any reason, including if the Reward is stolen or lost.
Allow 3-5 weeks for delivery of Reward(s). Reward(s) will be delivered by standard mail, unless otherwise stated on the Website. Each Reward ordered may ship separately. Rewards will only be delivered to the address provided in your Account. No P.O. boxes allowed. Rewards will only be delivered to addresses within the United States. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any postal mail deliveries returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any Reward(s) after it has been shipped. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Reward except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included therewith. Participants bear all risk of loss or damage to any Reward after it has been delivered. Sponsor may, in its discretion, add new merchandise items for redemption. In the event that any Reward becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Rewards are not returnable, refundable, transferable or exchangeable. No substitutions of any kind (unless at Sponsor’s sole discretion) are offered or permitted with respect to any Reward.
6. POTENTIAL TO EARN BONUS POINTS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES: From time to time, Sponsor reserves the right but not the obligation to allow participants to use their Points to enter other promotions. Details and Official Rules for other promotions will be posted on the Website or distributed via email specific to the other promotions. Sponsor also reserves the right, but not the obligation, at its sole discretion, to distribute additional “bonus” Points at various times throughout the Rewards Program Period through additional means which will be posted on the Website or communicated via email to all Participants.
7. MODIFICATIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to change or modify these Terms and Conditions or any other Sponsor policies related to use of the Website at any time and at its sole discretion by changing these Terms and Conditions on the Website. Continued use of the Website following such changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions and any program terms or other Sponsor policies will constitute acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, discontinue, modify or cancel the Rewards Program at any time and in its sole discretion without notice.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Program Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Website hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail messaging transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website or any website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Rewards Program, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Rewards Program, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Rewards Program. The Program Parties are not responsible for any typographical or printing errors in these Terms and Conditions or any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Participant’s or any other person’s computer equipment or mobile phone equipment resulting from online participation in the Rewards Program, or use of or download of any information from the Website. All Participants, on behalf of themselves and their affiliated school, as a condition of participation in this Rewards Program, agree to release Program Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Website or any website or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Rewards Program. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. SPONSOR: Pepsi-Cola Management & Administrative Services, Inc., 700 Anderson Hill Rd, Purchase, NY 10577.