Free Recycling Playbook for Teen Leaders Interested in Sustainability
Teens can learn to be leaders who improve their school community
You’re going to love this free recycling playbook for teens. Share it with your student council (or any teen leader). This playbook will give students a head start on implementing a school recycling program. It’s got everything teen leaders need to independently set up and manage a recycling program.
What can you do with this free recycling playbook for teens?
- Implement a recycling program as a student council initiative.
- Start a green team within student council and use this guide as your first program.
- Use this self-starter playbook with any school club or organization interested in supporting teens learning more about sustainability.
Here’s what’s inside:
- The Building Your Sustainable Community worksheet will start the brainstorming process to get your recycling program off the ground.
- The Sustainability Statement and Goals worksheet will determine the focus of your program and set goals to keep you on track.
Promote the Program
- The Promotions worksheet will guide your team through ideas to spread the word about your new initiative.
- A chart is included to keep track of recycling bin placement and collection to keep a tally of how your program is doing.
- Use the goals created within the free recycling guide and your filled-in tracking sheet to see how the program is doing. Don’t forget to thank everyone involved!
Creating a student council recycling project embraces the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), which seeks to “transform education through school leadership, recognizing that the fulfillment of each student’s potential relies on great leaders in every school committed to the success of each student.” A student council recycling project benefits the entire school and surrounding community. Participants gain valuable leadership skills while also doing their part to protect the environment.
Want to read more about what student councils can do with a recycling program? Check out What Student Councils Can Learn By Managing Your Recycling Program